Thursday, December 31, 2009

Be Bold in 2010

I have never been one to make New Year's Resolutions.  I've always felt that if you need to improve something or change something about yourself, you should start working on it right away, rather than waiting for Monday, or New Years, or some certain day or date.  And as a wife and mom, I am usually way too busy around the Christmas season for self reflection.

This year has been different, however, and lately I have been reflecting on various ways I would like to change the way I live this life I have been given.  This is post is the first in what I plan will be a short series in the changes I will be making in 2010.

 According to the eternal purpose which He purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord: In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of Him. Ephesians 3:11-12.

Are you bold?  Sometimes I am loud or demanding or bossy.  But I don't think I would consider myself bold.  I am challenging myself to Be Bold in 2010.  That's a rather easy thing to say, but how am I going to translate that into my everyday life?

I am going to be a better witness for my faith. I will talk about it more, blog about it more, and LIVE it more.  I will be lean on God for the courage to make unpopular choices when I am in a group and I will be bold in sharing the Gospel with those I know who need it.

I am going to be bold in my prayer life. I will pray with the confidence about which John wrote saying that if we ask anything according to God's will, He will hear us (1 John 5:14). 

What about you?  Are you ready to do something Bold in the new year?  Now, I am not suggesting you do anything illegal or immoral.  That's not what I mean by being Bold.  Maybe you have always wanted to worship the Lord in song, but you were too afraid that your voice wasn't "good enough".  Maybe you have neighbors or co-workers who need to hear the Gospel.  Maybe there are tough choices that you need to make to get (or keep) your family walking in God's will.  Will you join me as I work to Be Bold in 2010?

No comments:

Post a Comment