Thursday, January 7, 2010

Be In Prayer in 2010

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17


I pray in the multiple church services our family attends each week. I pray before meals. I pray when I think the semi driver behind me on the interstate is driving just a little closer than I would like on an icy, snowy road. However, I am not as faithful as I should be when it comes to praying for my friends and family and their daily needs.

For a long time I kept a prayer journal. I had pages for missionaries and their general and specific prayer requests. I had a page for my husband and one for each of my children listing my prayers for them. I had pages for general friend and family prayer requests.

I'm not quite as organized with in my prayer life as I used to be (or with my finances or in general, as you may recall from prior posts). I have been convicted that I need to get my prayer life back in order this year.

There are so many who need prayer right now. We have friends and family members who have health needs, financial needs, job needs, and spiritual needs. That is just in our little corner of the world. Turn on the news or surf the internet and you can't miss the signs of a world that is in need of prayer.

I pulled out a new notebook last night and started up a new prayer journal. Our family has also committed to pray for a few families in Mexico we were connected with through missionary friends of ours. I am going to recommit myself to prayer this year.

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up. Psalm 5:3.

No comments:

Post a Comment