Friday, January 22, 2010

Mini Fruit Tarts

Okay, last week I saw the recipe for these on a blog that I follow (Sugar, Spice and a Little Bit of Life - Thanks Jana!).  The post included a beautiful picture of these tarts, along with her Tomato Mozzarella Tartlets.  I tried both, but only had a chance to photograph the fruit tarts.  Because it's Friday, adn because I seem to have lots of time this morning, I decided to blog about it.

Like Jana, I used Pioneer Woman's pie crust.  I have tried many, many pie crusts over the years, with varying levels of success.  The first time I tried this recipe, I found all my other pie crust recipes, tore them up into tiny pieces, and made it rain confetti in my kitchen.  (Seriously, I actually did this - but it's okay, because the floor needed swept anyway, so why not.)  Anyway, it's just that good.  But back to the fruit tarts...

I made these tarts while my kids were doing their school work.  At several times during the process, I was interrupted by, "you're taking a picture of that," or "mama, no one is going to want to see a picture of a bag of dough!"  Well, anyway, here are a few pictures from my tart making morning.



Big Bag O' Pie Crust Dough

 
Pie crust dough rolled out and cut into stars


Linden questioning her mama's sanity...oh yeah, there is a tray of cut
out pie crust stars in the background


Star crust cut-outs cooling


Almost finished now, just waiting on the blueberries


This photo doesn't do them justice - they were delicious!!

If you would like the pie crust recipe or the tart recipe an the links I posted don't work (I certainly wouldn't be surprised to find that I didn't link them correctly!) please let me know.  The tarts were very easy to make and absolutely yummy!

Happy baking!

2 comments:

  1. YAY awesome job lady!!! your cute stars totally rock, isnt that pie crust THE BEST!!! Your filling looks lovely too! I miss those things...I may just have to make them again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the recipe Jana! Everyone loved them. And YES - that is the best pie crust EVER!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete