Saturday, January 30, 2010

Corn Tortillas

I was going to post this last night, but we lost power for several hours.  We learned a few lessons during the power outage, which I will summarize later, but I wanted to share my (very comical) first attempt at making corn tortillas.

We bought a bag of masa a couple months ago to make tamales, but never made them.  Last night was chicken taco night so I decided to drag out the masa and make homemade corn tortillas.  I decided to just make a few, since I had never tried them before.  I think we can all agree from the pictures below that I need a little more practice.

It looks a little more like a lily pad than a tortilla

 
I have no idea where the rest of this one went

  
They say no two snowflakes are alike...apparently that goes for tortillas too!

  
The first few (very artistic) tortillas

Fortunately the tortillas tasted a lot better than they looked!  I definitely think I need a little more practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment