Saturday, January 23, 2010

Stuff I Love

I thought about calling this “Stuff I Can’t Live Without,” but I was a little uncomfortable with that hyperbole.  After all, there are lots of things we can live without, if we must.  Anyway, for the near future, my Saturday posts will focus on things that make my life a little easier, brighter, happier, or just plain fun.

I have incredibly dry skin.  I am constantly fighting to keep my dry, itchy, flaky skin hydrated (TMI??).  Because this is a daily struggle for me, I thought I would highlight two of my favorite dry-skin-fighters in my first “Stuff I Love”.


I love this stuff.  When I buy lotion from Bath & Body Works, I always go for the Body Cream, because it is thicker and a single application in the morning keeps my skin hydrated all day.  I especially love this scent, which is warm and subtle and not at all perfumy.  That last quality is a bonus because my husband has terrible allergies and they act up whenever he is subjected to strong scents for very long.  This seasonal scent has been around for the last few Christmases and I each year I try to stock up so I have enough to get me through until the next holiday season!



When this product first came out, I really didn’t want to like it.  Even though I love trying new Mary Kay products as soon as they are available, I resisted trying this one for over six months.  I already had a Mary Kay moisturizer I loved, which I had used for years, and I see any reason to try anything new.  Besides, I knew that my old moisturizer worked just fine to tame my incredibly dry skin.  Anyway, about a year ago I ran out of my tried-and-true moisturizer and (of course) didn’t have any more on hand.  I did, however, have one of the tinted moisturizers on my shelf in my shade (surprise).  I gave in and tried it and never looked back.  I absolutely love this.  I love the moisture, I love the sunscreen, and I love the way it blends with my foundation.  I love the fact that on days when I am in a hurry I can just skip the foundation all together and rely on this for my base.  I could go on and on, but the bottom line is, I really like this moisturizer.

There you go, two products that make my days a little easier!
 
Yet another disclaimer – when I decided to do this post, these were not the two products I wanted to feature.  However, my camera battery is completely dead and someone (most likely me) did not return the battery charger to its home.  Rather than spend all morning looking for the charger so I could take pictures of the products I WANTED to write about, I decided to just do this post featuring products I had already photographed.  My pens and my kitchen gadgets and everything else will just have to wait!

2 comments:

  1. I love bath and body works! I use their hand and foot cream products but I have some insane eczema that keeps me from using the scented lotions :( I used to sell marykay and love all their products, but after long term exposure to them I became allergic (this happens with all products I use) So basically im jealous hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no - I'm sorry to hear you are allergic to them now! I hear you about bath and body works - their creams are awesome!

    ReplyDelete