Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My Hope

The Lord has promised good to me, His word my hope secures.  He will my shield and portion be, as long as life endures.  (From Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone), performed by Chris Tomlin).

It's fair to say that our family is going through a time of transition and uncertainty.  In the last year we have gone through job changes and income reductions (who hasn't), my husband is most likely going to be heading back to school this summer or fall, and we have moved our children from Christian school to home school.  Whew, that makes my head hurt a little just thinking about all the changes.

During times of uncertainty and change it is really easy for me to get overwhelmed and wonder how we are ever going to get where we are supposed to be going.  I move on from feeling overwhelmed to planning out how my husband or I can do something to change things or make things better.  At times like these I need a reminder that our provision, our security, and our hope come from God.

The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.  Lamentations 3:24.

1 comment:

  1. praying for your family today! you'll get through it I know it!

    ReplyDelete