Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Goals, Goals, Goals

We were challenged this Sunday in church to set goals for the year. My husband and I sat down Sunday afternoon and made a list of long-term goals and the short-term steps we would need to take to meet those goals. I am still debating whether or not to post the entire chart. In the meantime, here is a glimpse into our family goals for 2010.


Finances: We are going to pay down remaining debt (student loans, mortgage debt, and a remaining medical bill). To do this we have decided to set aside all of the money my husband makes refereeing in a separate bank account. At the end of each week, we will write a check for the amount of his earnings and use it toward payment of a debt.

Educational: We will get my husband back in school by the fall, so he can get his teaching certificate. We will continue to find educational, athletic, and art activities for our children to enhance our homeschooling. I will also get the children started on more home economics projects in addition to the cooking and cleaning they do now. Budgeting and sewing classes are on the horizon!

Spiritual: We will each read our Bible at least 5 days a week and have more regular family devotionals.

Personal: My husband and I will continue to get back in shape. We are not getting any younger and between my back and his knees we need to continue losing weight and working out. We will make better food choices and work out on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment