Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes

I believe I mentioned in a prior post that I am currently maintaining two blogs.  I wanted to try out two different blog hosts (both wordpress and blogger) so I decided to run basically the same blog on both sites.  My original thought was that after a trial period, I would close one of these blogs and just continue on with the other.  Recently I have been doing some rethinking of that plan.  I think I am going to keep both blogs but stop making them virtual carbon copies of each other.

I am going to continue to use one of my blogs as a primarily homeschooling and family blog.  That blog will still have updates on our family goals and our homeschool adventures.  The second blog will be primarily for my devotional posts.  I have several devotionals that I am working on, including a series that I hope to turn into a book, and I think I would like a site devoted primarily to my devotional and Christian writings.  Of course, there will be some carry over from time to time - neither site will be completely devoid of the content of the other.

My primary motivation for this change is to simplify things for my readers.  I know I have some readers who come here for the homeschooling posts, but don't really care to read my devotional material.  Likewise, I know there are some readers who want to read my devotional musings but really aren't interested in our homeschool updates.  As I said, neither site will be completely lacking in themes or material from the other site, but I think this is the best course of action. 

I will, of course, let you know when this change is taking place.  I will also continue to have a link to my sister site for all those who would like to follow both blogs.  As always, thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I am really excited about both! I need a good devotional and I love the day to day homeschool life...I just really like you =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, thank you so much for your kind words! You have no idea how much I enjoy your pictures and your posts. However, I must admit that I am (not so) secretly jealous that you are going to blissdom! Please share lots of stories and pictures from the weekend. Enjoy yourself and I will be praying that you have a safe and wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete