Friday, February 26, 2010

I Believe - My Ministry (Day 5)

5.  I believe that my children have free will.

I struggled with whether or not to include this believe.  It doesn't really fit in with the others, but I really felt the need to state this belief.  To some that I have met, this is as controversial as my submission paragraph (My Calling - Day 4) is to others.  However, I really need to say this.

I know very Godly parents who are in church every time the doors are open with their children.  They have Godly homes and strive with their actions to glorify God.  They have instructed their children, prayed for their children, disciplined their children, and modeled Godly living for their children.  Yest, they have a child who refuses to accept God or walk in the Lord.  I know that these parents grieve for their wandering children and my heart aches for them.  However, in the end, we cannot accept God's gifts for our children.  They must choose to do that for themselves.

2 comments:

  1. Man do I know what your are talking about. Hits really close to home. I think it even causes a lot of bitterness. One of the scariest things I have ever dealt with is some of my family's unbelief.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree about the bitterness. I have a number of unbelieving family members and it can be both aggravating and heartbreaking to try to talk to them about their choices.

    ReplyDelete