Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Believe - My Ministry (Day 2)

2.  I believe that I must pray for my children.

In his letter to the church at Philippi, Paul instructed believes to "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made knows unto God." (Philippians 4:6)  Time and again in Scripture we are reminded to turn our worries and concerns about all things over to God in prayer.

Who is better situated to intercede before God on behalf of my children than me?  Every day, I need to pray for my children and their present day needs.  I also believe that I need to pray for their future needs as well.  My prayers for my children also need to focus on opening their hearts to God and his gift of salvation, their maturing and growing up in a manner that glorifies God, their willingness to obey God's will for their lives, and their future spouses and children.

No comments:

Post a Comment