Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Snacks

This year we let the kids make the menu and prepare most of the food for the Super Bowl.  The menu was not so healthy, but the Super Bowl only happens once a year, so I am sure we will all survive!  We had Rice Krispy Footballs, Puppy Chow, Cookies, Chips, Crackers, Cheese, and Pizza Rolls.

Timothy starting on the Rice Krispy Footballs

Linden measuring cereal for the Footballs

Timothy and Linden finishing up the measuring

 Footballs made and shaped, now it's time for the decorating

Timothy showing off his decorating skills

Rebecca pouring the melted chocolate and peanut butter over chex for puppy chow

Linden helping mix the puppy chow

Timothy and Rebecca cleaning up

The snacks were a big hit and the kids even did a good job cleaning up after they made their creations!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!! I haven't had puppy chow in AGES! What is your recipe? I'd love to make it again and relive my childhood lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...between the puppy chow and the rice krispy treats I definitely felt like a kid again!!

    ReplyDelete