Thursday, March 25, 2010

Harnessing Stress, Thursday, March 25, 2010

How Can We Channel Stress to Work for God's Glory and Our Good?

Discover the Eternal Principles


Thursday: When we have a heart attitude of thankfulness and trust in God, we will have joy, even in the most difficult situations, and we will bring glory to God.  2 Corinthians 11:22-12:10.
  1. How can you explain Paul's attitude in the midst of so much persecution?  Why was he thankful for difficult circumstances?  What can you be thankful for in difficult circumstances?
  2. Philippians 4 tells us not to worry.  How is stress different from worry?  How do we keep ourselves from worry?  How can stress be good for us spiritually?  In order for stress to benefit us, what must our heart attitude be?
  3. When have you experienced joy in difficult circumstances?  Upon what was your joy based?  How is joy different from happiness?
  4. According to Philippians 4, what brings us the peace of God?  How can peace transcend all understanding?  How do you think peace guards our hearts and minds?  Share a time when you experienced God's peace in a stressful situation.

2 comments:

  1. These are all such important questions, I usually laugh at stress but when I am physically ill stress doesnt work quite the same way I have a lot of looking in to do. I think that I had God's peace surrounding me when I realized I was sick and probably had a disease, then the doctor affirmed my suspicion, but all I felt was blessed to speak with the doctor and make headway. I have been here reading your awesome devotional but my fingers arent very nimble right now, so I havent been commenting as much as i would like to. Still I am here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been mostly lurking around your blog (and others) lately too. It must be the time of year. I'm so glad to hear that you found comfort in God's peace. There are so many times I look back on in my life that I can't believe I made it through - only to realize that it was simply God's grace that got me through it!

    ReplyDelete