Monday, March 8, 2010

I Believe - My Bible (Day 1)

As I said last week, there is a bit of an overlap between my thought on my faith and my Bible.  I tried to reduce as much of the duplication as possible.  I think that inadvertently resulted in much shorter devotionals this week.  Hopefully I didn't edit out more than I intended.

1.  I believe that the Bible was written by man under inspiration from God.

In one of his last letters prior to his execution, Paul defends his faith to Timothy.  In so doing, Paul reminds Timothy that "All scripture is given by inspiration of God and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness." (2 Timothy 3:16).  I believe that the Bible is composed of books written by multiple human authors.  However, as we are not only sinful creatures, but given to making mistakes, I believe that the writing of each and every book in the Bible was guided by the hand of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment