Monday, March 1, 2010

I Believe - My Faith (Day 2)

2.  I believe that I am justified by God's grace, through faith in Christ alone.

Well, this would certainly be a depressing week if I stopped with my first day.  Fortunately for me (and you!) this story doesn't end there.

While I certainly don't deserve it, God has provided a path of redemption for me.  God has offered a gift of salvation to me.  What do I have to do to get this gift?  Perform 1000 good deeds?  Beat out or beat down competitors in some endurance competition?  Send money?  Nope. 

All I have to do is confess that I am a sinner and that I am in need of Christ in my life.  In other words, I need only humble myself before my creator and admit the truth about myself to receive this awesome and undeserved gift.  As the hour of His betrayal drew near, Jesus reminded the disciples that "[He] is the way, the truth, and the life:  no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)  Not only is this confession and acceptance all I have to do to be justified, it is the ONLY think I can do to receive God's salvation.  As Paul reminded the Christians at the church of Ephesus, "For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God.  Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

No comments:

Post a Comment