Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Believe - My Bible (Day 2)

2.  I believe that the entire text was inspired.

Looking again at the same passage from Paul's second letter to Timothy, I believe that "All" scripture was inspired.  In other words, I do not believe that we are free to believe the verses of the Bible we like and forget the others.  Or worse yet, write them off as being "not applicable" to today.  More and more I hear people writing off certain verses (or even whole chapters) of the Bible as being irrelevant to life today.  If God is never changing then his truths are also unchanging.  Therefore, if something was true thousands of years ago, it must be true now.  Further, I don't believe that there is any "filler" in the Bible.  In other words, everything contained therein is there for a reason, and should be headed by us all.  Now, I may not have any idea why some things are in there (like all the lists in Leviticus or all the family land boundaries in Joshua) but that doesn't make any of these passages irrelevant.

No comments:

Post a Comment