Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Believe - My Bible (Day 3)

3.  I believe that the entire Bible is an accurate historical text, and not a collection of fictional stories.

I believe that God knew that man would fall to sin when He created us.  I also believe that He knows that we need His wisdom and that, even with God on our side, we fall far short of Him in the knowledge department.  Therefore, I firmly believe that if there were any portions of the Bible that we were to take as a fable or "just a good story," than God would have made that clear in the text.  Otherwise, I do not believe that God would have left it up to us to discern the truth (such as the life, crucifixion, and resurrection of Jesus) from a fable (such as Creation or any other portion of the Bible that the world has labeled fiction).  Since there is nothing in the text of the Bible to tell me otherwise, I must accept as truth all that is offered as truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment